Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Where no knitting has gone before!


I’m so busy with  Galstudio  I try to reserve a relaxing hour each  night.  Quiet and away from the production table I enjoy going to another dimension. I space out with my knitting watching my guilty pleasure … Star Trek!

Engage!

Thankfully, I’m a quiet fan of the series in this order: Jean Luc Picard (he’s so suave), Star Trek (Capt. Kirk), The Enterprise, Deep Space Nine and lastly Voyager. My partner says that I’m a Trekkie. I don’t go to conventions but I own most of the television series. And, I love all the movies, too. I’m a stay at home fan.

The most recent offering, Star Trek the movie was surprisingly really good. I enjoyed it and already watched it a few times. So glad that a second one is in the works.


My latest needle project is a pair of socks for my friend Joey. I bought this beautiful wool made in Italy. Joey put in this request because he’s going to Winnipeg very soon and the weather is still pretty cool out there. This wool brand is called Regia. A sock wool that I’m using for the first time. It’s a a bit thick for Vancouver weather. A scarf would suit it better. Hey, that’s another project!

In my world, knitting and Star Trek go hand in hand. In the words of Jean Luc Picard …Engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment