Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Up for the new Classics.

This is an example of the Marinoni old script I saw...
taken from Richard's 1987 bike!


Well, the classic's have ended for the season. My two new cycling caps, in production,  reflect the Ardennes  Classics with the hint of the forthcoming Spring. The Ardennes Classic races are exciting even for a newbie cycling fan like me. I'm looking at it from the historical point of view which grabs my attention. Of course, my partner is a cycling maniac and he always has something new to say. It's one of those finer details in the microcosm of the cycling world. So diverse yet  beautiful. Like a subtle flavour in wine. The more you understand it the more you can appreciate it.

I even spotted a Marinoni bicycle as we walked down the street.  It literally jumped out at me. Many folks can spot a Ferrari sports car, it's not everyone can spot a beautiful Marinoni bicycle. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera. Even Richard  passed  it without noticing. And, I guess I'm getting better my spidey bike sense was tingling. The color was metallic purple with the old Marinoni script. One thing's for sure I wouldn't have left this classic bike unattended and casually locked beside a parking meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment