Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Fun with Belts

The Pac Man Inner Tube Belt.


Bicycle inner tubes are so fun to work with. A short while ago I was approached to make a inner tube belt for a birthday present. I was supplied with a very fun Pac Man buckle (above). I've never attempted to make a belt before and I looked forward to the challenge.

It's always challenging to make something new. But, that's what is so fun about it. It showed me how versatile rubber is and that there's still plenty of room to learn & explore. It was fun sewing the overstitch and picking out the vibrant orange fabric. Very colorful & electric. I think it turned out very well and the customer was extremely happy.

As soon as this one was done, my old friend Joey wanted one made. Well as you can see it's more in a classic style. He hasn't seen it yet. I won't see him for a few weeks as he's on vacation. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised!



The Plaid Inner Tube Belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment