Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My work studio grown up!

Before & after.
I love my new work tables!

Efficiency is the key to working well.

I called my old friend Jim to create two working tables to enhance my work area. Jim's in the movie industry as an carpenter and he has the know how to make it happen in a relatively short time. What he created was incredible. He used nice birch at a sale price and he made heavy steel brackets able to hold up the L-shape table. My surger & sewing machine are quite heavy so a speciality made bracket had to be welded for solid support. The 4X6' table top fits over my preexisting round table or can be used with legs on all four corners on itself. I discovered that it's far easier to cut fabric with a 90 degree corner. There's so much wonderful room to stretch out. I suggested the bracket to Jim with NO legs to get in the way. Now, there's storage a plenty down there.

Bring on the production!

No comments:

Post a Comment