Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reversible knitting with Addi

Wow! I didn't know nothing about reversible knitting before this book but now I feel confident to take on any reversible project. You will find in this wonderful book great project's for beginner to more advance knitter. Every technique is explained clearly including; drawing's, full frame photo's as well as close-up of swatches showing both sides of the design. The only negative point I could find in this book is the bland choice of color, nothing here gets the WOW! factor for color. I almost never follow a pattern suggestion of yarn and color, this book is crying out to let your imagination run wild considering all the different patterns in your own color palette.
As soon as I picked up this book I knew I wanted to knit something right away. I decided on the "Double Take" neck warmer because it looked simple enough for a first project. I couldn't wait to try my new Addi Turbo and I had some left over of black & gray 100% wool.
The Addi are the best ever circular needle I have ever knit with. The are not call "Turbo" just for fun they actually mean business. Be aware when you try Addi Turbo for the first time, at first you might feel a little by dizzy, it's OK you're just not use to the speed of it! I bet your overall knitting ability will improve too!

Just a few more row's before I finish. I love the nice thickness obtain by the double knit. It's a little bit warm for the mild Vancouver weather, oh well, I could offer it on my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment