Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

FolkFest & New Rubber.

The new Fanny Packs.

Galstudio will be selling at the Vancouver Folk Festival this Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

We've been preparing for awhile now. In fact, this is the biggest show for us, thirty hours in three days. I never thought that I would have the time to finish this new recycled inner tube fanny pack. It's done and now Richard has one and I have one. 

I love them and I have feeling that folks will ask me if I sell them. Depending upon the demand I may have to put some up on the Etsy website. What a better testing ground, in front of literally thousands, to ask their input. 

I worked in the Special Events Industry for over twenty years and, for one thing, I wore a fanny pack. I could never find one that was big enough, fun enough and durable. The stitch would always come apart and the zipper would go. Now, I have one that finally fits and looks well. Richard's fanny pack has a special pull tab made from bicycle chain links... very cool.

They're both made to our own specifications. Richard wanted the traditional plastic clasp tying around the waist. I went for a loose strap that I can either tie around my waist or across the chest. They are similar to our Scuola Pouch but only deeper for more room to hold things. 

For the show we are excited to reveal three new cycling caps. I can't tell what they are.

I'm back to preparing more food for us to bring to the folk festival. It's outdoor and on the beach without any food concession stands. And Richard will not function without food, it's like a military operation... of the craft kind!

I'll have pictures and upcoming podcast soon!


Richard's excited...
the new fanny pack is a winner!



No comments:

Post a Comment