Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I fall for plaid!

My newest Fall colours!


Wow, look what I found at the fabric store. I can see lots of new caps being made with these wonderful plaids. My favorite is the second from the left, a nice blend of mostly wool with just enough polyester to make it easy to care for.

Shopping for fabric in Vancouver is challenging. You would think that a city this big would have better fabric stores. You definitely need a car here, because the interesting places are few and far apart. Here the spots I consider worthy of interest:

In first place, Textile Clearance House, 5550 Fraser Street. In my opinion this is the best place to find a deal or to find that special fabric but don't expect friendly or helpful staff, you will not find it here!

Second place, Fabricana, 4591 Garden City Rd, Richmond. Now, if you have a few more buck's and you want the ultimate fabric store experience on two floors, this is the place where your creativity can flourish. You really want to check it once a year during the sales event, a must. Do not take it personal if their staff have the tendency to be condescending!

Third place, Dressew Supply, 337 Hasting Street. They have all the notions you will ever need, the prices are affordable and the choice of fabric is great. Their staff will simply ignore you until you line up at the cutting table, which is OK by me. I rather find what I am looking for... by myself. The major problem with this store is that you need cash! no credit here, they just got the debit machine installed. Who knows when the credit card is accepted. They are located just beside the downtown core and Gastown. So ride a bike, take the bus or be prepared to go around and around to find parking.

Textile Clearance House has a 50% off notions sale this weekend, got to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment